Agency / company portfolio: Greenberg Rent A Car LLC
About Greenberg Rent A Car LLC
Office is located at:
7601 W Montrose Ave
Norridge, IL 60706
Cities we cover
1. These terms and conditions, the rental document signed by you, and return record with computed rental charges together constitute the rental agreement between yourself and Greenberg Rent A Car LLC.
2. You rent from us a car described on the rental document, which rental is solely a bailment for mutual benefit. You agree to the terms below and on the other pages of this Rental Terms and Conditions provided any such term is not prohibited by the law of a jurisdiction covering this rental in which case such law controls. “You” and “your” refer to the person who signs this agreement, “we”, “our” and “us” refer to Greenberg Rent A Car LLC. You also agree that you are not our agent for any purpose; and that you cannot assign or transfer your obligations.
3. Return of the Car. You must return the car in the same condition you received it, ordinary wear and tear excepted, on the date and at the time indicated on the rental agreement. You must return it sooner on our demand. If you return it earlier or later, a different or higher rate may apply and, if you returned, you may be charged a late return fee. You may not return the car at a time when we are closed. If you do, your responsibility for damage to or loss of the car will continue and all charges stated on the rental document as a periodic rate will continue to accrue until the return location reopens and we retake actual possession of the car. If we do not find a car when location reopens, your responsibility for all charges and for damage to or loss of the car will continue until the car is actually returned or recovered.
If you wish to extend any rental you must contact us at the number provided on the top of your rental agreement to request it before your return date. We may or may not grant an extension or grant it for the entire period you request, in our sole discretion. If we do an extension a different higher rate may be applied to the extension period and a service fee may also apply.
4. Where You’ll Return the Car. The car must be returned to the agreed location as specified on the rental document.
5. Rental Charges . You will pay for the number of miles you drive and the period of time you rent the car at the rate indicated on the rental document. The minimum charge is one day (24 hours) unless ”calendar day” is indicated on the rental agreement , plus mileage or a fixed fee. We will determine the miles by reading the factory-installed odometer. The daily charge applies to consecutive 24 hour periods starting at the hour and minute the rental begins or, if a calendar day is specified on the rental agreement each consecutive calendar day or any part of a calendar day starting on the calendar day on which the rental commences. If you fail to comply with any conditions for special rates specified on the rental document our otherwise applicable rates will be charged. You’ll pay all charges that apply to the rental for miscellaneous services. You will also pay a reasonable fee for cleaning the car’s interior upon return for excessive stains, dirt or soilage attributable to your use.
6. Taxes. You’ll pay all sales , use , rental, environmental and excise taxes, including tax-related surcharges.
7. Damage/Loss to the Car. If our car is lost or damaged as direct or indirect result of a violation of paragraph 15, you are responsible; and you will pay us for all loss of or damage to the car regardless of cause, or who , or what caused it. If car is damaged you will pay our estimated repair cost up to $13,000 or if, in our sole discretion, we determine to sell the car in its damaged condition, you will pay the lesser of the difference between the car’s retail fair market value before it was damaged and the sale or our estimated repair cost . As a part of our loss , you will also pay for loss of use of the car, without regard to our fleet utilization, plus an administrative fee, plus towing and storage charges., if any (Incidental Loss). If your responsibility is covered by any insurance, you will provide us with the name of the insurer and policy number, or if the insurance is provided by your card issuer, its insurer
You authorize us to process any or all of our Incidental Loss to your card at or after the completion of your rental. You also authorize us to collect any or all of our loss from any third party that is responsible for it. If we collect our loss from a third party after we collected our loss from you , we will refund the difference, if any, between what you paid and what we collected from the third party.
You understand that you are not authorized to repair or have the car repaired without our express prior written consent. If you repair or have the car repaired without our consent, you will pay the estimated cost to restore the car to the condition it was in prior to your rental. If we authorize you to have the car repaired, we will reimburse you for those repairs only if you give us repair receipt.
8. Loss Damage Waiver. This rental agreement does not offer Loss Damage Waiver
9. Fuel Service Charge. Most of rentals come with full tank of fuel, but is not always a case. You may avoid fuel service charge if you return the car with the fuel tank as full as when you received it and, if requested by us, present a receipt for your fuel purchase.
10. Fines, Expenses, Costs and Administrative Fees. You’ll pay all fines, penalties and court for parking, traffic, toll and other violations, including storage liens and charges. You will also pay a reasonable administrative fee with respect to any violation of this agreement, such as for repossessing or recovering the car for any reason.
11. Error in Rental Charges. The charges shown on the return record are not final and are subject to recalculation. You’ll pay any undercharges and you’ll receive a refund for any overcharges we discover on review.
12. Prohibited Use of the Car. Certain uses of the car and other things you or a driver may do, or fail to do, will violate this agreement. A VIOLATION OF THIS PARAGRAPH, WHICH INCLUDES USE OF THE CAR BY AN UNAUTHORIZED DRIVER, WILL AUTOMATICALLY TERMINATE YOU RENTAL, VOID ALL LIABILITY PROTECTION AND ANY OPTIONAL SERVICES THAT YOU HAVE ACCEPTED, INCLUDING ADDITIONAL LIABILITY INSURANCE, PERSONAL ACCIDENT INSURANCE, PERSONAL EFFECTS PROTECTION AND LOSS DAMAGE WAIVER OR PARTIAL DAMAGE WAIVER. IT ALSO MAKES YOU LIABLE TO US FOR ALL THE PENALTIES, FINES, FORFEITURES, LIENS AND RECOVERY AND STORAGE COSTS, INCLUDING ALL RELATED LEGAL EXPENSES, FEES AND COSTS.
It is a violation of this paragraph if:
A. You use or permit the car to be used: 1) by anyone other than an authorized driver, as defined in paragraph 13; 2) to carry passengers or property for hire; 3) to tow or push anything; 4) to be operated in a test, race or contest or on unpaved roads; 5) while the driver is under the influence of alcohol or a controlled substance; 6) for conduct that could properly be charged as a felony or misdemeanor, including the transportation of a controlled substance or contraband; 7) recklessly or while overloaded; 8) if rented in the United States, outside of the United States, or with our permission, Canada; or 9) if rented in Canada, outside of Canada, or with our permission, the United States; or
B. You or an additional driver, authorized or not: 1) fail to promptly report any damage to or loss of the car when it occurs or when you learn of it and provide us with a written accident/incident report or fail to cooperate fully with our investigation; 2) obtained the car through fraud or misrepresentation; 3) leave the car and fail to remove the keys or close and lock all doors, close all windows and the trunk and the car is stolen or vandalized; or 4) return the car after hours and the car is damaged, stolen or vandalized.
13. Who May Drive the Car. You represent that you are a capable and validly licensed driver. You agree that we have the right to verify that your license has been validly issued and is in good standing; and that we may refuse to rent to you if your license has been suspended, revoked or otherwise restricted in any way. We reserve the right to deny rentals based upon information provided by the Motor Vehicle Department of the jurisdiction that issued your license. Except where otherwise specifically authorized by applicable law, only you, your spouse or domestic partner, or, if you rent from us under your employer’s corporate account agreement, your employer or a regular fellow employee incidental to business duties may drive the car, but only with your prior permission. The other driver must be at least 25 years old and must be a capable and validly licensed driver. There may be a charge for each additional driver authorized to drive the car, which charge is specified on the rental document, unless prohibited by law covering this rental.
14. Liability Protection. Anyone driving the car who is permitted to drive it by this agreement will be protected against liability for causing bodily injury or death to others or damaging the property of someone other than the driver and/or the renter up to the minimum financial responsibility limits required by the law of the jurisdiction in which the accident occurs. The limit for bodily injury sustained by any one person includes any claim for loss of that person’s consortium or services. Where the law extends this protection to a non-permitted driver, the same limits will apply.
Except where required by law to be primary, any protection provided by us shall be secondary to, and not in excess of, any applicable insurance available to you, or any other driver, from any other source, whether primary, excess, secondary or contingent in any way. Otherwise, any such protection will be provided by us according to the terms, and subject to all of the conditions, of a standard automobile liability insurance policy issued in the jurisdiction in which the accident occurs, including al requirements as to notice and cooperation on your part, which are hereby made a part of this agreement. If this protection is extended by operation of law to anyone not permitted by this agreement to drive the car, or to any person or instance where coverage is not intended to be afforded by this agreement, the financial responsibility limits of the jurisdiction in which the accident occurs will apply. You agree that we can provide coverage under a certificate of self-insurance or an insurance policy, or both, as we choose. In any case, a copy of the policy and/or certificate will be available for your inspection at our main office. You understand that unless required by applicable law, we will not provide
(a) coverage for fines, penalties , punitive or exemplary damages;
(b) coverage for bodily injury to you, or your death while not a driver, or any member of your family or the driver’s family
C defense against any claim, unless we are required to provide primary protection, but in such event not after the applicable limits of protection that we furnish are tendered
(d) supplementary no fault, noncompulsory uninsured or underinsured motorist coverage, and any other optional or rejectable coverage, and you and we reject all such coverages to the extent permitted by law. Where any of these coverages are required or implied by law, the limits shall be the minimum required under applicable stature. Where permitted by law, you are rejecting uninsured or underinsured motorist and all optional automobile insurance coverages and under any policy of insurance or certificate of self-insurance in connection with this agreement, for you and all other passengers in the car. You understand that uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage protects you and other passengers in a car for losses and damages suffered if injury is caused by the negligence of a driver who does not have any insurance or has insufficient insurance to pay for losses and damages. There is no coverage in Mexico, and the car may not be taken into Mexico under any circumstances, unless special arrangements are made at the renting location for separate Mexican insurance, where such insurance is available.
15. Additional Liability Insurance (ALI). You’ll pay for additional liability insurance coverage if available and you accept it. In that case, the coverage provided by us according to paragraph 14 above will be primary and the combined limits of liability protection shall be $1,000,000 for each person for bodily injury, death, or property damage, but not more than $1,000,000 for each accident, instead of the basic limits stated in paragraph 14 above. This additional coverage will be provided to an authorized driver, as defined in paragraph 13, under a separate policy of excess liability insurance more fully described in the available brochure and is subject to all of the conditions and limitations described in paragraph 14 above, except the notwithstanding anything contained in this agreement, the terms of the policy will at all times control. You understand that you will be charged the rated per day for a full day even if you don’t have the car for the entire day.
16. Indemnification and Waiver. You agree to indemnify us, our parent and affiliated companies for and hold us harmless from any loss, liability and expense that we incur arising out of the use of the car, including reasonable attorney’s fees: (a) which exceeds the greater of either the minimum limits of financial responsibility pursuant to the motor vehicle insurance law of the applicable jurisdiction, or the limits of any liability protection that we furnish to you; or (b) which results from any unauthorized use or prohibited operation of the car. You waive any claim against us for incidental, special or consequential damages in connection with the rental.
17. Repossessing the Car. We can repossess the car anytime it is found illegally parked, being used to violate the law or the terms of this agreement, or appears to be abandoned. We can also repossess anytime we discover that a misrepresentation was made to obtain the car. You agree that we needn’t notify you in advance. If the car is repossessed, you agree to pay the actual and reasonable costs incurred by us to repossess the car. You agree that such cost will be charged to the card you used to rent the car.
18. Collections. All charges, fees and expenses, including payment for loss of or damage to the car, are due at our demand. If you do not pay all charges when due, you agree to pay a late charge of 1 ½% per month on the past due balance. If that rate is not permitted by law, then you will pay the highest rate permitted by law on the past due balance. You will pay any collection costs, including a service charge for any check that is not honored by a financial institution and our reasonable attorney’s fees. If you don’t pay any amount when due, if the law permits, you authorize us to contact you or your employer at you place of business about payment. If you fail to pay any indebtedness to us in full, you understand that we may report such deficiency to an appropriate credit reporting agency.
19. Card Reserve. You acknowledge that you have been informed that if you use a charge card your credit, up to a amount of the estimated total charges due under this Agreement, as indicated on the rental document, based on your representation about this rental, may be set aside or reserved by the card issuer of the card, which you present for payment of your rental charges; or, if you use a debit card funds in the account to which that card is linked may be set aside for the greater of the amount of the estimated total charges due under this Agreement, based on your representation about this rental, as indicated on the rental document or the deposit amount indicated on signs at the location at which you rent at the time of rental. You consent to the reservation or setting aside of that estimated total amount at the time of commencement of the rental. You understand that we will authorize the release of any excess reserve or set aside upon the completion of your rental, and that your card issuer’s rules apply to your credit line or your account being credited for such excess and may not be immediately released by your card issuer.
20. Property in the Car. We are not responsible for loss of or damage to any property in or on the car, in any service vehicle, on our premises, or received or handled by us, regardless of who is at fault. You’ll be responsible to us for claims by others for loss or damage.
21. Meaning of “Car”. The word “car” in this agreement means the vehicle rented or its replacement, and includes tires, tools, equipment, accessories, plates, documents.
22. Changes. Any change in this rental agreement or our rights must be in writing and signed by our president or a vice president.
23. Global Positioning Satellite System. We may offer for rental a Global Positioning System for your use. If you rent such a unit you will pay the additional daily charge shown on the rental document. This unit is not part of the car. You are responsible for any loss or damage to the unit and its accessories regardless of cause.
If the unit and/or its accessories are lost or damaged so as to, in our sole opinion, require repair or replacement, you will pay us its repair or full retail cost, which may be as much as $500.