Agency / company portfolio: Gotham Dream Cars
About Gotham Dream Cars
Gotham Dream Cars prides itself on providing a highly professional, seamless rental experience. We don't just want to be different from other exotic car rental companies -- we want to downright impress you. To that end, the cornerstones of our philosophy - and why you'll see we're unlike anyone else out there - are these:
- Integrity - We are a real company with real cars, real employees, and real facilities. We are not brokers, middlemen, shucksters, hucksters, or anything but fun guys who love cars. And most importantly - we own & maintain every vehicle in our rental fleet. That means we do not rent cars on behalf of private owners or "swap" with other rental companies. And every single photograph you see on our website is of the actual car you will be driving.
- Legitimacy - We are fully licensed and insured. We do not lie to our insurance company or hide the fact that we're a vehicle rental company. It costs us more, but it means we'll be around for the long haul. We've been in business for over 4 years under the same name (no fly-by-night operation here), and we're not going anywhere soon!
- Honesty - We run an honest, ethical business. We deeply value our great reputation and the satisfaction of every one of our clients, and we'll work to no end to uphold that. We also know that unforseen events do come up -- vehicles break down, customers are sometimes late to return cars, employees get sick - you get the gist. When things happen, we keep you informed and work as hard as humanly possible to make it all right.
- Reliability - Because we operate only our own vehicles and manage our own deliveries, you don't ever have to worry about whether your car will actually show up or if the red Ferrari F430 you reserved actually turns out to be yellow Ferrari 360. We know there's a difference, and you know too.
- Fun - We're car guys (and gals). We're not doing this to launder money, curry favor, or boost our own egos. We're in this business because we love cars and we love seeing the expressions on our clients' faces when we hand the keys over. We want to impart that sense of fun and enthusiasm on you at all times.
- Value - Yeah, we know, "value" isn't the first thing you think of when renting an exotic car. But we understand the economics of this business and we're here to give you the best possible experience and service at the lowest possible price. We don't waste money but we also don't cut corners. Nor are we here to nickel-and-dime you -- your first tank of gas is always on us, tolls are always included, and we're not going to charge you if you show up 20 minutes late.
- Transparency - Lots of people call and ask "what's the catch?" or "what am I missing?" There is no catch; it's all here on our website. There are no hidden fees, obscure taxes, or secret vehicles that we're keeping from you. You are seeing us as we are, and that's the way it should be.
Gotham Dream Cars was founded for a very simple reason: We searched for a place to rent a supercar in the Northeast, and we didn't find any worth a phone call.
There are lots of places where you can rent what others call an "exotic" car -- a Viper, a Mercedes, or even a PT cruiser. But when it comes to what we call an exotic -- a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bentley, or Aston Martin, the market fell short.
And so Gotham Dream Cars was born.
We love New York City, and it breaks our hearts when we hear people talk about driving in this city like it's a four-letter word. "The roads are terrible"..."The weather's awful"..."There's nowhere fun to drive." Well they're wrong, wrong, and wrong. Potholes can be driven around, it's sunny more often than not, and there are plenty of fun places to drive in and around the tri-state area.
And in December of 2006, we discovered that we love South Florida too! The roads around Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, and Palm Beach are long, smooth and fast, the weather is spectacular, and the vibe is perfectly conducive to enjoying an ultra-exotic car.
Our passion is driving, pure and simple. The speed. The power. The adrenaline. That's why our mission is to bring you the most exotic, exciting, and outrageous fleet of rental vehicles in the world -- cars you won't find anywhere else. And as we expand that mission to other cities around the country (and around the world), we hope you will be there with us. It's time to stop dreaming and start driving.
Founder & President
Gotham Dream Cars
75 West End Avenue
New York, NY 10023
Gotham Dream Cars
605 SE 1st Avenue
Delray Beach, FL 33444
Cities we cover
Requirements / Age Limit
Vehicles are available to all drivers over the age of 21 with clean driving records (no major moving violations, DUI convictions, or similar infractions).
Due to the types of vehicles we rent and the nature of the insurance industry, all renters must carry their own liability and physical damage policies and must verify with their insurers that coverage is provided for the vehicle being rented.
If a renter does not have their own coverage, we offer several other options to provide coverage during a rental. Please inquire for details on these options.
Vehicles are available to international visitors with a valid passport and driver's licence from their home country. We can provide insurance coverage for those international visitors renting for a minimum of two days or $2000
Additional drivers may be listed as authorized drivers. Each additional driver must complete a rental application and will be subject to the same age, licensing and driving-record restrictions as the primary renter.
Delivery / Pick-up
Vehicle delivery and pick-up is available to and from your door or any area airport. Fees are as follows, each way:
|Miami / South Florida|
|West Palm Beach||Free|
|Miami (& all areas in between)||Free|
|Other areas||$2.00 / mile|
|New York / Northeast|
|Metro NYC / LGA / JFK / Northern NJ||$99 e/w|
|L.I. / The Hamptons / Central NJ / CT||$99 - $199 e/w|
|South NJ / Philadelphia||$149 e/w|
|Boston / Newport, RI||$249 e/w|
|Washington, D.C. / Baltimore, MD||$449 e/w|
|Other areas||$2.00 / mile|
If you choose to pick up your rental vehicle at one of our offices, we offer free parking for your own car for the duration of your rental.
Please note: All pick-up & delivery arrangements must be confirmed at least 24 hours in advance in order to guarantee on-time service. Any changes to pick-up or delivery times/locations with less than 24 hours notice may incur an additional transportation fee.
(In other words: we will do our absolute best to get you the vehicle when and where you want it, however if you change your mind after we've scheduled our guys, we may charge you for it).
We are very flexible about vehicle return times - i.e. we're not sticklers about a 2 day rental being exactly 48 hours. But once we have made a return appointment, we need to stick to it. There will be a 1-hour grace period with your scheduled return time, after which you may be subject to additional daily rental fees.
(Our dedicated delivery team works very hard and very long hours 7 days a week, and if one of them is waiting around for 2, 3, or 4+ hours because of a missed return appointment, it throws off the entire schedule.)
All renters must leave a damage deposit in the form of a credit card authorization or refundable cashier's check. Any damage found on the vehicle upon return will be billed against this deposit. The amount of this deposit will vary depending on the vehicle being rented.
When you make a reservation, we may authorize your credit card immediately for up to the full cost of the rental, though you will not be charged until you physically take possession of the vehicle.
Because we have a limited supply of vehicles to offer, we pack the schedule very tightly. We offer a 24-hour grace period after you make your reservation to make changes or cancel (unless the rental is within 7 days), after which there will be a cancellation fee of 50% of the total rental cost or $500 (whichever is greater).
If you cancel or reschedule less than 7 days before your rental (or are a no-show at the time of rental), you will be charged a cancellation fee of 100% of the total rental cost.
Reservations made for the Dream Car Tour are non-refundable regardless of booking time, however they are fully transferrable, so we gladly allow you to designate a replacement driver if you cannot make it.
At our sole discretion, cancellation fees may be waived for severe weather conditions that might make driving dangerous (i.e. snow, ice, hurricane, tornado).
Please understand that there are no exceptions to this cancellation policy. We don't mean to sound heartless, but you would be amazed at the number of last-minute deaths in the family, serious illnesses, sick pets, sick mother-in-laws, rabid dogs, and falling skies that people tell us about. (One guy's father has died three times in the past year. Bad karma.)
VISA, Mastercard, American Express and Discover are the preferred method of payment for rental fees and damage deposits. In certain cases, cashier's checks or cash may be accepted if pre-arranged. Personal & business checks are not accepted.
There is no refueling charge -- vehicles can be returned full, empty, or anywhere in between.
However, when you do gas up, all vehicles must be refueled with Premium grade (93+ octane) gasoline. There is a $350 fee for filling up with a lesser grade. And yes, we'll know.
We do not offer refunds for vehicle rentals or gift certificates. However, our goal is total satisfaction for our renters, so in certain situations we may offer credit for additional rental days (i.e. really miserable weather). This is solely at our discretion.
In the event of an unforseen mechanical failure during or prior to a rental, we will make every effort to repair or replace your vehicle with a similar or better model at no additional cost to you.
Discounts and special incentives cannot be combined or 'stacked' unless explicitly indicated. So if you get a 10% early-booking discount, that cannot be combined with a seasonal discount as well. Pick the bigger one and enjoy!
Driving Area Restrictions
Vehicles rented from our NY/Northeast office may not be driven outside the states of New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Washington D.C, Virginia, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, Vermont, or New Hampshire without prior written approval.
Vehicles rented from our South Florida office may not be driven outside the state of Florida without prior written approval.
The vehicles may not be used:
- by anyone not licensed to drive or whose Driver's License has been suspended or restricted
- for any illegal purpose or in connection with any illegal activity
- to carry persons or property for hire
- to push or tow anything
- to exceed any posted speed limits
- in any speed test, speed contest, race, rally, speed endurance contest, demonstration, or on or near any racetrack or road course (we're serious about this -- no insurance company on earth will cover the car while on the track, and that means we're both on the hook for a LOT of money)
- to teach anyone to drive
- on any unpaved surface
In the event of a violation of these Prohibited Uses, we reserve the right to remotely disable and retrieve the vehicle.
The renter is responsible for all parking, traffic, speeding or other tickets or violations issued while the vehicle is being rented and must pay for any fees, penalties, towing charges, or impound costs.
Daily and weekend rentals include 100 miles free per day and weekly rentals include 500 miles free, unless stated otherwise. Each additional mile driven will be subject to a change at the stated mileage rate.
Vehicles driven over 400 miles per rental day will be subject to an additional surcharge of $2/mile on top of all other charges in order to cover excess wear-and-tear.